Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I Haven't Read Any Astrological Forecasts, But...

January 27th, 2004
12:52 A. M.

...I wonder if any of them this past month have said anything about "interesting developments possible for your career, Capricorn," or some such nonsense.

This past week, when I was visiting D in the hospital, her husband asked me an interesting question.

"How would you like to be my assistant where I work?"

He followed with, "I might be able to match the pay you're making now and you'll be working first shift hours."

The idea is appealing to me.

But, when I got to work today, I found out that my department is being re-structured. I know that sounds slightly euphemistic, but it isn't. My supervisor said that with my workload about to increase by some ungodly multiplier, that she was going to have me come in later and work later ... so I'll be working an hour and a half into third shift. That will translate into about an extra 10 to 15 dollars on each pay check. I have, in effect, gotten at least a thirteen cent raise.

So ... what do I do?

...I think I'll let time tell. It won't take long, either. I may wind up taking D's husband's offer anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)