Monday, September 22, 2003

New White Pants + Chocolate Protien Shake =

Semptember 22nd, 2003
10:05 P. M.


You guessed it...an early laundry day this week. I just washed everything I owned not 3 days ago, and this happens today:


I had a chocolate flavored protien shake in my gymbag today (I won't say what brand it is) to drink when I got hungry after my workout. Somone told me last month that I shouldn't eat for a while after I work out, so I finally decided to get a protien shake (like they had recommended) instead of eating anything.
The directions on the can said to shake well before using. (I wonder what that shake would have been had I not shook it?) Anyway, when I went to open the can, the darn thing spewed all over me. I thought I had waited long enough for it to settle down...and the damn thing wasn't carbonated anyhow, so I thought I had nothing to worry about.
I thought wrong.


Over the weekend, I decided to go to the local Goodwill stores to look for furniture for my new apartment. I couldn't find anything I liked, so instead of leaving right away, I headed over to the men's clothing department.
Over there, I found a nice pair of pants...some that I could wear to work. I never have enough work pants around. I just don't buy a lot of casual stuff. I usually have a lot of jeans (and my workplace only allows you to wear those on payday), so all of my khakis and casual type pants are worn out.
Not all of them, really. I did buy one green pair about 2 months ago, but I've been wearing those every day (and washing them every other day, too). Those poor things are almost worn out.
So, I bought that other pair this weekend, meaning to wear them to work today. I thought it would make the other pair last longer if I didn't have to wear them every day. But, those are the ones I'm wearing right now. That new white pair I had ... it's in my laundry basket right now. I'm going to head over to my mom's to wash them...and to borrow her steam cleaner to remove the chocolate from my car's upholstry.


Not only did that shake mess everything around me up today (it got not only on the pants, but on my shirt, car seat, stearing wheel, windshield and window too), it tasted downright terrible.
...More mess, tastes terrible...
I really don't understand the need to put sweeteners in everything. It had some sort of really nasty artificial aftertaste to it...I can't even descibe how nasty it was.
About the best way I can think of it is this: If you flash back to you childhood at this moment...take your time, close your eyes, and remember now...and think of the nastiest medicine you ever had to take. This is the quality this shake had to it.
I'm an adult now, but part of me was still that screaming child that didn't want to take another drink...but I did anyway, trying to force myself to like it. Heck, I just potentially ruined a new pair of pants, I better darn well like it!
But, it was just so nasty that the child in me won out. Hell, even the adult me didn't like it.
So, I made a big mess with a drink I didn't like, and will never have again.

Ah, well. I'll have things all straightened out tomorrow.
But, if those stains don't come out, I'll have a reminder of that nasty, nasty protien shake...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)