Sunday, September 21, 2003

It's Just Another Sunday, And I've Tried to Keep Busy

September 21st, 2003
8:56 P. M.


There is only so much one can do in this town on a Sunday. I haven't checked any local calendars, but I'm sure there could have been either a concert or a nearby festival I could have gone to today.
I did go to the gym...I've gotten over my fear of the free weights and the machines. Like one of the older guys out there told me, "It's better to do something potentially wrong on these machines than to do nothing at all." So, with that advice at heart, I've been actually lifting weights and using the machines. On top of my normal ten minutes on the bikes (I've also added ten minutes on the "eliptical" machines), and the 40-70 minute walks around the track. I've also been showering out there, too. Like I said...I've been avoiding any nudity around the locker room, but heck...it beats driving back home to use the shower (not to mention it spares gas in the car).
I have, however, been having to pay for an extra hour of parking lately. It's only a dollar, though. That's cheaper than the gas I burn up making another trip back to my place.
But, the gym only lasted about 3 hours. I got there a little after noon today, so when I got out, there was still plenty of daylight left to blow.


Sunday...3:30 P. M. What's a single 29 year old to do?


Well, I did what I did yesterday. I ran around with the old friend...the "Mick Foley" of lawncare. It's always a hoot with that guy around. I never know what kind of random phrase he's going to spout off with next. They could be prompted or influenced buy the slightest thing he sees outside the car windows.


I can't remember what he said today...I have trouble remembering things when I laugh hard enough at them.


Today, we went to a department store and picked up a couple of controllers for his Playstation 2 and Gamecube. Yes, he's all set for personal entertainment. I wish I had the kind of money to blow on things like that. I probably do, but I manage my finances so poorly that I can spend the majority of a paycheck and have very little to show for it.


Back to the video games, though...it can be tedious watching friends play video games for hours on end. But, it is what we grew up doing. It's what brought us together in the first place. We've been through the Atari 2600, Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, and both of the Playstations. Any new thing that comes out, one or the other of us will more than likely buy it.


It's usually him, though. Like I've said in earlier posts, the main goal in my life right now is to be married and have children. I've put that above almost everything else in my life. Education has made it back to top priority right now. As well as getting in shape and losing weight...which, as of today, I've lost 25 pounds. It's hard to envision a family of my own with no partner anywhere in sight.
With fitness looming on my horizon, though, I may be able to either attract someone, or at the very least start to feel like dating again. I can honestly say that I still don't feel good enough to date anyone right now. (There are three notable exceptions to that, but all three are not available. And none of them are my ex.)


On the subject of my ex, I did go over to talk to her roommate last night. It's odd, but he and I are friends. My ex being his roommate prompts me to stay away, though. I think it's a pity. We get along well, have some things in common (our love of computers and science fiction), and he can be fun to hang around with. But, the way my ex "inadvertantly" put him between us makes me uncomfortable to go over there to visit with him. It is a very sore point between my ex and I. I objected to her moving in with a man, and she said, "Well, it's nice to know how you feel, but it's not going to change anything," and "You would have gotten mad at me if I had moved in with a woman, anyway." ...I don't think this girl will ever know how to fight fair.
It's alright, though...in the brief conversation I had with him, he told me that the guy I had seen her with is her new boyfriend. And one of the things he has said is....get this now, it's priceless..."Why do you live with a guy?"
New boyfriend, same objection. All I can say is this:

Dude, leave now!

She will lead you on, jerk you around, and fight unfair for the rest of your life...that's the way she did me, and the ex of hers that set she and I up together. In 12 years, she has not changed.


She won't change for you...I found this out the hard way.


She didn't change for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)