Thursday, September 18, 2003

It Was a Thursday...What Else Can I Say?

September 18th, 2003
11:55 P. M.

Wow! I just made it!
I've been home now for a little more than a half an hour, and I'm just now sitting down to write a new entry.


Like Arthur Dent of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy once said, I never could get the hang of Thursdays. It was payday today. Checks came out...but I have direct deposit.
Part of my check goes into a checking account, and the other part went into savings. I went to my human resources department last month to change that...I wanted to send more into the checking account and keep the rest as a check I could cash at a nearby grocery store if, like today, I was out of money and had nothing for lunch.
So, when I opened up my envelope today, I saw how I had the amount I wanted going into checking, but.......instead of the rest coming out as a check I could cash, it went into savings! For some reason, several months ago, the amount I designated to go into savings stopped showing up in savings.
Instead of it going into savings, it went into checking, but a full day after the first amount. I didn't understand why, and I've tried twice to correct that, and it still goes into checking.
So, last month, I resent my paperwork, only this time I left any reference to my savings account off. Did that work?


No.


They told me that the change would take effect not on the paycheck coming up, but the one after it. (Which happens now to be the one beforetoday's.) So, ....I've got to try my luck with the paperwork one more time!


If I go in there to cancel my direct deposit altogether, would the money stop showing up at all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)