Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Boldy Going Where I've Gone Before

September 16th, 2003
11:30 P. M.


Well, if I haven't said it before, I'll say it now...I Hate My Friggin ISP!
My mother sent an e-mail to me that had a link to many different scholarship progams to 2 and 4 year colleges all around the country. I had already explored most of that link today before I went to work...but the ISP slowed down (peak hours, I suppose) and I couldn't get one of the pages to pop up. So, I shut down and went on to work, expecting to come home to explore the link one more time.
Well, I opened up another e-mail first. It was nothing I needed, so I went back to the list and deleted it. I then opened my mom's e-mail, and the window popped back to the front with the e-mail that I had just deleted. So...after waiting a little bit, without my mom's mail appearing, I clicked on the delete button at the bottom of the mail window. I got a confirmation meesage, clicked "yes" and the window closed. I was staring at the list again.
This time, though, the list didn't have the important scholarship information I wanted to look at.
Frikkin' Great!
So, when the window I had sent to the back came back to the front, it should have switched messages, but didn't. So, when I thought I was deleting the one I thought didn't get deleted, I deleted the one I wanted to keep!
What...The...Heck?!?


Ah, well. I have that e-mail back on the way. I just sent a message to Mom about what happened, and I'm sure that before I get online tomorrow, it will be in my inbox.
But, I still wanted to look at the thing tonight!!!!
rrg!


In my explorations, though, I got some of my information out for a bunch of colleges to look at. I listed my interests. Acting/directing was one of them, along with (surpise!) creative writing. I'm going to see what comes of this now. It would be so nice to have a degree in something that interests me...something that translates into a job I can love!


I have been to college before. That stint ended disasterously for me. I picked a major that I was not cut out for, and rode it out to its conclusion. It concluded a year later, with me flunking out of college, and picking up a string of menial jobs with meager pay. Here's hoping I can get back into college, so I can wind up with a job I love...that also happens to have meager pay.......


No way out of that, I suppose...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)