Tuesday, September 16, 2003

What, No Monday Post?

September 16th, 2003
12:32 A. M.


No, there will be no Monday post this week. Work went a little over tonight, so I made it home on a Tuesday instead.
Never fear, though. As promised, I will write about what happened at the library...as concisely as possible, since I'm very tired right now. I hope I can get this done before sleep overtakes me...


So, once I got done at the gym, I walked back down to the library and sat outside to read. It was still about ten minutes until the thing opened, so I grabbed a locally published free weekly magazine. I read my favorite column in there...I don't know if I'd be revealing too much if I were to include the name of that column (but it includes the words "truck" and "reality"), but it was a particularly good edition that day.
At this time I would like to tell you readers why I've been going to the library so often (other than I'm too cheap *cough* broke to buy books). See, folks...since I've been writing to this blog, I've been looking for ways to improve my writing. Perhaps, even ways of expanding my abilities. I've been looking over back copies of writers' magazines for writing exercises. I've found a few, and boy are they doosies! YOU try writing about something in terms of what it is not! I'm going to have to give that a try one day. If I feel mentally up to it. For those of you who happen to be painters, try leaving the centerpiece of your next painting absolutely without color; but go wild all around it.
I've been going to the library researching this subject for the past couple of weeks. I've been thinking about becoming a published writer for quite some time, anyway.

So, then, am I messing myself up by putting my words out on the web for anyone to read for free? Not necessarily...I'm counting on you folks forgetting that I've posted my name here. So, by the time I publish any of this stuff (under my full real name), I will have revised, edited, and fictionalized it to the point no one will recognize it!!!!

So, keep your eyes peeled for a new author on the shelves of your local bookstore...it may be me! (Though I have nothing ready to publish as of right now...But, writing is a long, drown out, and often times daunting task!)


Well, I hope you've enjoyed this non-Monday post. Maybe I'll write another post later today to have an official Tuesday post. But, I'll sleep on that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)