Saturday, September 13, 2003

What's Changed in My Life this Week

September 13th, 2003
11:47 P. M.

Well, I was just waiting in front of my apartment waiting to see if the neighbors I hang out with sometimes would be out tonight, when I saw my ex-girlfriend drive up and get out of her car. I saw her stand in front of her car for a little while, and then....I think the guy I saw her with last week got out and followed her up to the apartment she shares with the other guy she met at work (nothing's going on between she and her roommate, though.)
It hurt to see that. But, I knew it would...and I've been prepared for it to hurt every time I see her with another guy. I do still love her, and I would still like for things to work out between us...but I don't think there is even the slightest possibility that it would ever turn out that way.


So, in answer to the question I asked on last Sunday's post (Should I Stay or Should I Go? of September 7th, 2003)...I go. I told my apartment manager about my situation...how much I liked my apartment, but I couldn't stay...and she worked with me to get an apartment with the same owner elsewhere. In fact, the owner was in the office when I went in. They found me a nice little villa, only about two blocks away. I will never see my ex again, because I've never known her to travel through the neighborhood I'm moving to.
On a lighter note, I have met the person who will be getting my old place. She is a very attractive college student...about 22, I believe, and will be moving in here shortly after I move out (possibly next weekend, or the one after that!) So, one day if my ex happens to be out when the new tennant happens to be going in her door, my ex will see a hot young woman using a key to get into my door! (I'm not telling my ex, or her roommate that I'm moving...I'd love to know what might cross her mind if that scenario ever plays out! I wonder if it would be anything like what happened to Julia Roberts' character in "My Best Friend's Wedding?")

It is with true love as it is with ghosts; everyone talks about it, but few have seen it.
-- François de La Rouchefoucauld

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)