Wednesday, September 17, 2003

If This Is Wednesday, Then This Must Be;

September 17th, 2003
11:40


Humpday Quote of the

Week!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
---Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See”


I whole heartedly agree with this quote, but at one time I was arrogant enough to actually exclude myself as a guilty party. I see people making the same mistakes as others might, and I think to myself, "You all have seen other people make those mistakes before...why don't you learn from their example?"
Well, I'm a swift one to talk....
I spent 7 and a half years with someone who (admittedly) couldn't make up her mind whether she loved me or not.
Making up her mind on a matter of the heart ... I'm thinking I made one of the oldest mistakes in the book. I could have learned off of thousands of people to have gotten out long ago, while I was younger and not as attached to her...but I thought I was different, and that I could make things work.
...That was another mistake I've seen other people making...Ah, well. So long as I can laugh about it, I'll be alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)