Saturday, December 04, 2004

Good News, Bad News

The good news is that I have a real good chance of going to first shift sometime relatively soon. (I should know one way or another by the fifteenth of this month.) That is very good news to me. I plan on using my afternoons to their fullest. I have already joined a writers' group (but I won't be physically present for their next meeting), and I intend to take any sort of classes I can afford at either the Carnegie Center or the Good Foods Market. I plan on doing some hellacious networking...

Bad news is ... I missed the application deadline to be able to enroll for college this coming semester. Today, I went ahead and filled out an application anyway (just in case I actually can get in this semester. No use putting it off for another year if there's even the slimmest chance it'll go through in the next few weeks.) If this turns out for the worst, it means I have an extra eight months to do whatever I please with my afternoons (which will mostly be testing my academic potentials, anyway.)

I've decided to embrace my nerdom openly. It's been nineteen years since I was stuck with that label. It's high time I give it some proppers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)