Wednesday, December 01, 2004

...O'er the Land of the Freaks and the Home of the Naive

If you weren't the kind of person to question "authority" before, and you've read about this incident at Atlanta's airport and still don't question authority, ask yourself why. Ask yourself how, too. How does giving someone a badge also give them the right to through civility right out the window with little or no provocation? (And don't give me the clap-trap about how people earn badges either. When they're earned, they're given ... So don't bother trying to nail me on semantics. It has no effect on the lack of civility anyway.)

I can't tell you how many times I was clipped by a mirror before I learned when to back away from a car. I know I never had to wear a sling after any of those incidents. It just seems to me that if you're a cop, you ask someone to move their car ... Excuse me ... Vehicle ... And you don't get out of the way fast enough, then it's time to think about getting into another line of work. Preferably one that doesn't involve a lot of contact with the public if it leads you to haul a 42 year old woman out of her car and bodyslam her onto the asphalt.

*** ** *** ** ***

P. S. I'll do the quote tomorrow. The site I normally pull quotes from (ThinkExist.com)is being tempermental right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)