Sunday, November 28, 2004

A ... Mmmm ... Blast ... from the Past

There are many, many times in my life that I wish my brain worked just a tad faster. Today one of those times hit right as I was waking up.

I don't even know what brought this to mind as I was waking (the dream I had was not of a particularly political/current events nature, so I'm running on the assumption that I woke to a newscast this morning).

Do you all remember when all the rage about Iraq was the allegation that they were looking for Yellow Cake in Niger? A single line came into my head. Here's the set-up for it;

(A dark haired man, carrying a box under his arm, knocks on a door. We hear a voice, with a thick middle eastern accent, from within;)Come in.

Delivery Man:(Approaches desk. Sign on desk says "President". President is seated with his back to delivery man. Saluting;)Your yellow cake is here from Niger, Mr. President!

President: (Neither turning to face delivery man, nor rising from his chair.) Leave it on desk.

Delivery Man: Of course, Mr. President. (Salutes, turns on his heels, leaves room, closing door after him. Cut to shot of yellow cake box on desk. A hand reaches in, grabs a piece of cake.)

(Cut to shot of chair back with President's hand swinging out of view to where we assume his mouth to be. There is a crunch and a loud explosion. Cut to scene outside door in hallway with camera rocking from explosion. Guards rush into room. They stop at doorway. Cut to back of chair. Chair slowly turns to reveal Saddam Hussein, hair sticking up and away to the back of his head. Eyebrows and moustache are smoking, face covered with patches of soot.)

President Hussein: Hey! Where's the cream filling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)