Thursday, August 26, 2004

An Otherwise Clean Bill of Health

I went back to my doctor today, and as promised, here is what I found out;

Blood flow to my kidneys is fine: no blockages were found in the MRI scan. (But, there was a sheet I had to sign before I entered the MRI room which said most insurance companies require a second opinion before they pay for the procedure. Also, since the contrast medium I was injected with is relatively new, most insurance companies won't pay for that either. So, if I have one of those "most insurance companies", then I just paid several hundred dollars to find out my kidneys are fine. I would also like to know what that forty-four dollars a month I've been paying for the past twenty eight months is going for, if it's not for my medical expenses ... )

Blood tests that no one's ever ordered for me before last week revealed that my triglycerides are high (at 167 when normal range is less than 150) as are total cholesterol (312/200) and LDL cholesterol (225.60/100).

So, now I'm on Lipitor and am being told to lose weight and watch the ol' diet. Not a problem, doc. I just don't want a blood vessel popping in my head and erasing my personality!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)