Thursday, August 12, 2004

Actually Feeling Sick Tonight

I called my doctor's office today and told them that my blood pressure has been running as high as it was when I took that nice little ambulance ride last week. The physician's assistant that handled my case last Friday (when she put me on Lotrel) called in a prescription for Hydrochlorothiazide. (Knowing when to stop pronouncing that name probably saved me from a stroke today .... Ok, so the prospect of death by cardio-vascular overload isn't going to quell my sense of humor.)

But, after taking the first dose this afternoon (and running to the restroom every half hour after that), I'm starting to feel nauseous. What's worse, I also have insomnia ... and I have an appointment tomorrow at eight thirty in the morning!

For you folks who may be lucky enough to get to bed by ten in the evening, that's like having the appointment at three in the morning!

I actually did get about an hour's worth of sleep, but now I'm not in the slightest bit sleepy. (It may be a good thing that I got a few hours' extra sleep today (Wednesday ... Oops! Forgot to post a quote, again!)

Well, I used to stay up all night on the weekends when I was a kid. Maybe I can do it still. (More than likely I can stay up long enough to see the doctor, but I'll go home and crash immediately after that!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)