Sunday, August 01, 2004

August 1st. Two A. M

An odd thing is happening now. As you may have noticed, there has been a marked drop not only in the quality, but also the quantity of the posts here at This Space for Rent. It's not that I've given up on my creative outlet ... Not by a long shot. My creative outlet has changed.

I'm in a band now. I can actually say that.

"I'm in a band now."

I've actually been helping with some of the song selections, and helping the guys to remember lyrics.

It can be intimidating to get material together to do an hour long show. But, I'm working with fellows who've been playing for forty-two years. The tough part for them is picking the songs they don't want to play.

Tougher still will be helping the thirty-year-old. He'd always wanted to be a drummer, but wound up in chorus for most of his school days. Now, they have to not only help him catch up with the keyboard repertoire, but also with the skill and prowess of people who've been playing their instruments for longer than he's been around!

I am getting better, though. I can't yet pick out the key a song is in just by listening, but I can at least play chords with either hand now! (That is, after someone's told me which chords are in a given song.

So, dear reader(s) (just in case I've gone back down to one again), rest assured that if I haven't posted anything in a while it is because I've been spending my time working at another keyboard (trying to force my hands to cooperate.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)