Friday, January 16, 2004

I Waited an Hour Online Just to Do This

January 16th, 2004
12:13 P. M.

It's Friday Five time, which means this post is a free write. It's been a week since I've done any free writing. I still like it, but I'm looking forward to spending hours in the library either on Saturday or Sunday just writing whatever comes to me, and then editing it and posting throughout the week!

But, anyway, here's this week's Friday Five. The last question is a bit of a downer ... I don't know how I'm going to answer it ...

1. What does it say in the signature line of your emails?

My signature line usually says "Go n-eiri an bothar leat!" Which is missing accent marks because I have no idea how to put them in there, and which I've heard translates out of Irish Gaelic to mean "May the road rise to meet you!"

2. Did you have a senior quote in your high school yearbook? What was it? If you haven't graduated yet, what would you like your quote to be?

I really don't remember what my senior quote was. I could ask D to look in her yearbook to see if I even had one. If I had a quote, it's probably one I've used here.

3. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read? If you already have them, what do they say?

How incredibly odd. I've been thinking about getting one (or making my own) that has this blog's web address on it....

4. Have you received any gifts with messages engraved upon them? What did the inscription say?

I once received a pendant that had a smooth ruby mounted in a gold circle. On its back was inscribed "You can unlock any door, if you only have the key."
No, wait... that was in a movie I saw when I was a kid...

5. What would you like your epitaph to be?

Morbid, ain't it?

No, that's not the epitaph I'd want. That's just the reaction to the question. The answer is as follows;

When your grasp has exceeded your reach
And you put all your faith
In a figure of speech
You've heard all the answers
But the questions remain
Grab a hold of that fistful of rain

It may seem odd for a writer to leave this world with someone else's words on his tomb, but I would like to acknowledge the masters who can nail a sentiment better than I can. (By the way, these words were written by Warren Zevon and Jorge Calderon.)


Well, everyone, I hope you've enjoyed this (even in light of that last question), and I hope you all have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)