Friday, September 12, 2003

Someone Waiting be Emlyn Williams (1991-92 Fall)
September 11th, 2003
11:58 P. M.


Yesterday I started my post by saying that I remembered little about the play I wrote about. Well, today is the same. I, once again, have neither script nor program for this play, and to top that off, all I had in the play was a walk on part at the very end.
For the most part, I was in a technical position. I handled some props, I did a radio announcer voice, and I pulled the curtain at the end of the acts. I once pulled the curtain a couple of minutes early when I misunderstood the stage manager's direction!

oops!
I don't remember if I ever got a chance to apologize to the lead actor for cutting him off in the middle of his line. I hope to get that out to him right here and now. I know there is very little chance that he will ever read this, but I'm sorry, man!
Since I was not so much a part of the action on the stage, I got to actually pay attention to the play, and not worry so much about listening for to the cues for my lines (which was a gunshot, anyway). I must say that I liked this one very much, and I am going to reveal nothing of the plot to you here.
What I will tell you about this play is that it is very much worth seeing, no matter who's acting in it. Very enthralling!

Tomorrow's post will be much longer, I promise. I remember a whole lot more about that play. I even have the script right here in front of me.
I was even the male lead in this one....

Tune in tomorrow for the conclusion:

Episode V:
Wait until Dark by Frederick Knott (1992-93 Fall)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)