Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Brain Drain

I miss this web log. Really, I do. But I've been keeping myself busy, and I have been writing a lot--especially for school.

I don't know if I could say that I've been missing that all along (school writing, that is), but now that I'm back into it I know I've been missing it. It's quite entertaining even if it is taxing. You get an insight on what it takes to build yourself up as a writer if you're in an 'accelerated foundational course'.

One thing I never expected to be asked to write about was (wait for it!) advertising. Yes, advertising. I've stayed away from that subject for good reason--I don't have an opinion about it. Now I can either do a 5,000 word essay on it, or sum up my position in two words--no comment. But I need 1250 words. So, somewhere between the two words of my real position and the extra 4,998 words that I could use to make those two words a drudgery lies the challenge of making 1250 words interesting. Making it mean "no comment" all while earning an 'A' in a class that generally grants a 'C' to an essay that meets all the criteria for good writing will also be a challenge. I might be up for it, and I might not; I'm not sure.

I'll find out Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)