Tuesday, December 06, 2005

More Entertainment Value!

Are you a broke arse college student? Have you no pennies to rub together to generate heat and keep your ... pockets ... warm? Then, what the heck do you do for entertainment?

Simple. Come on over to This Space for Rent and see what the Resident Idiot1 has posted that day. Maybe it's something interesting, maybe it isn't! Perhaps he's posted a complaint about life, then removed it thinking to himself, "What the hell was I thinking putting that up, anyway?"

Today's find is Fabelbish. It's yet another type-and-send generator. Only this time it generates spoonerisms; not Smurf names, android names or slogans. (If you click on the last one, there's a section below the buffer labeled "live". If you're ever on it, and the word "b*llsh*t" keeps coming up, I apologize: it's probably me forgetting that there might be kids online.)

So, if you're broke and have an internet connection (for however long that might last), check out Fabelbish. If you already know what kind of mind I possess, you might be able to guess what kind of thing I typed in right away. If you don't want to guess, just select the text in the following parentheses! (Fairy Ducks.)


1 I'm trying to see if what's left of Mad Magazine after William Gaines' death might take notice and get pissy with me. Using the Resident Idiot label was not an estimate of my own intelligence, but an attempt at copyright infringement. So, don't agree or disagree with me on the idiocy point, a'ight? (I'm fairly certain about my intelligence ... and wouldn't you like to know how I categorize it?)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

Thanks for the link... fabelbish is an experiment of mine -- I've seen the popularity of those other 'translation' type sites (and have succumbed to many of them in moments of studenty-boredom), and my flatmate and I came up with this idea for one of our own. A shameless attempt to cash-in on other people's boredom.

I previously had the site display a list of "Recent Spoons"; i.e. the 5 most recent things people had typed in, but some of the stuff appearing there was causing the page to be censored by my employer's proxy. Instead, I'm sneakily keeping a log of what people type, for my personal amusement...

Cheers!

Tim

December 12, 2005 8:48 AM  
Blogger David Aaron said...

And I'm probablly one of them that caused the unexpected censorship! For that, I apologize. Those of you who create these generators need to be warned that I exist! I don't curse very often in real life, and it surprises people when I do, but I do indeed enjoy a well place F-bomb every once in a while!

To my readers ... whoever you all might be, and however many there may be left ... I say support this enterprising spirit -- he's the first to have made a Spoonerism generator! It's getting a permanent link on my sidebar as soon as my final exams are over tomorrow at 8:30 P. M. my time.

December 12, 2005 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)