Saturday, April 30, 2005

First Post at a New and Improved This Space for Rent!


It's not every day that you get a second chance at a first time for something.

I really like my web log This Space for Rent. I've had thoughts of abandoning it since the comment system I picked for it crashed. There is no telling when it will be back up and running. I have, therefore, decided to pick a new template. (Aaahhh. Minima Black. I like the name Minima -- simplicity implied! Wonderful!) I'm only doing it so people can post comments again. I'm also running with a part of Mad Maddox's web page layout theory (or law! I just re-read it and it makes a lot of sense):

I've chosen a black background for most of my text because it's easier on the eyes than staring at a white screen. Think about it: your monitor is not a piece of paper, no matter how hard you try to make it one. Staring at a white background while you read is like staring at a light bulb (don't believe me? Try turning off the lights next time you use a word processor). Would you stare at a light bulb for hours at a time? Not if you want to keep your vision.

So, I look forward to having your input back again, everyone! This is also the change to which I alluded a few posts back.

By the way; "Blog the Magnificent Ferret" is from a sign in the background of a New Scooby Movies episode which had Dick Van Dyke as the guest star (and the only time you will see a particular word on this journal ever again. I intend to eliminate the techie word for this type of internet publishing. I now have a new four-letter b-word.) This is the episode where Velma first caught my attention as an ideal soulmate. (Note: I'm not attracted to the cartoon character, but I am attracted to women who have qualities in common with that cartoon character.)

3 Comments:

Blogger David Aaron said...

By the way, everyone...I did some research. The problem was at Comment This! -- they had a server crash, and I've not had access even to the old comments for longer than I can remember. I like this system much better anyway.

May 01, 2005 12:54 AM  
Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

I like this system MUCH better too! Welcome back my friend! Nice template too and I agree with the background color being so much kinder to the eyes.

Hey....The director of the movie that Caris just worked on, Raja Gosnell, was also the director of Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo 2. I wanted to get his autograph, but Caris doesn't like to ask for autographs or pictures when she's on set. She thinks it's "unprofessional".

Anyway, I thought you might appreciate that little bit of Scooby trivia!

May 03, 2005 7:14 PM  
Blogger David Aaron said...

Hey! Thanks! Funny thing about that Scooby Doo is that there was a stage production (adaptation of the cartoon series and not the movie) of it in the L. A. area a few (8-16) months back. The woman who played Velma in it is a part of the Yahoo Forum I joined back in October! If you (or Caris) run into her in the course of Caris's carreer, tell her I said hello -- and that "Journey of Self Discovery" is one of the most readable online fan fiction novels I've ever seen!

May 03, 2005 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)