Friday, April 22, 2005

A Chance Encounter

As perhaps everyone knows by now, I've been suspended from work once again. This time, I was told to sit out for five days instead of three. (No more details will be forthcoming. Suffice it to say that I'm going to work toward justice--this can't be allowed to stand. Other folks have done the same sort of thing I've done, but they haven't been suspended for it. It was nothing I did on purpose, and it was something/s that happened two and three months ago that I only found out about this past week. Something's wrong when I've done something, but they wait up to three months to even bring it to my attention. It was something I used to be told about the day after this particular class of occurrences did, or did not, happen.)

I've been using the past week since I've been (unjustly) sent home to my great advantage. I've taken the opportunity to do all the things I haven't been able to do because of the weird hours I work. I'm now only a smattering of pen strokes away from returning to college--all my financial aid paperwork is done, and I'm half-way done with my admissions application. It's going to happen this year.

On that note, I saw one of my dad's former professors at a cafe this afternoon. Once I said his first name, then his full name, he remembered me. I never took a class with this guy--he taught honors level English--but he remembered that I worked on a video presentation my dad submitted to his class. And, about that he asked;

"Would you like a copy of that for your resumè?"

"Absolutely!" I said. There's nothing more I'd like than to be able to pop that in for someone (perhaps a potential employer--in the proper field, of course) and say, "I added voice affects here, here, and here. There, I operated the camera, and there I helped with the editing." Knowing my dad's professor, I might be able to meet the right people to be able to work in a field like that. There's no telling who this fellow knows--he was a professor for a good bit o'time, and always seems to be around people I got along with very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)