Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Humpday Quote of the Week

"Can the Isley Brothers go wrong?"
---David Aaron

Ok, so I haven't given you a humpday quote exactly. I just have to gush about the Isley Brothers. I mean, how many other bands that started out in 1957 are still going today? (And, among all those, who else can say they influenced the likes of the Beatles? I love the Beatles, too, but somehow I believe that if Paul McCartney and I were in the same room with Ron Isley, Paul would forgive me for forgetting that he was a Beatle!)

I'm listening to SIRIUS radio right now on my satellite TV, and "For the Love of You" just came on. If there is a song out there that I like more than that one, I would have to sit and think about it for a loooong time. If there is one I liked more than it, Marvin Gaye probably did it (and it would have to be either "Inner City Blues" or "What's Going On").

Before today, I never knew that "For the Love of You" was an Isley Brothers song. It was years before I knew that "Footsteps in the Dark" was theirs, and I like that one quite a bit, too. Then there's "Who's that Lady" ... It was featured in a shampoo commercial a couple of years ago, and I'm pretty sure that it's also by the Isley Brothers. That's three songs on my list of all time favorites. I'm going to have to include a link to their site on my sidebar now. I can't believe I've overlooked including them for nearly a year and a half now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)