Friday, July 16, 2004

Ok, So I Was a Little Tough on a Politician in My Last Post

But, I couldn't help it. Everyone who knows me also knows my leanings, and I think I've spelled them out pretty well here (even if I haven't been as verbose about it as most folks can.) Allow me to phrase it as a question. A long, run-on of an interrogative statement.

"What is someone from a place called the 'Rust Belt' doing talking about an issue that will affect only an estimated ten percent of the population, and it isn't going to do one bit of good for the other ninety percent of us living in places like the 'Rust Belt'?"

I have heard people say that we all need to stand up for what we believe in. I suppose it's a lot easier to sound like a preacher in a government position than to try and remove any rust from any of the belts in this country.

"But, David Aaron," you ask, "do you have any ideas how to go about that? If you do, why don't you run for Senate?"

My answers to those questions;

"Yes"

"You've watched the news at election time, you figure it out."

*** ** ** ***

Now, I didn't set out to write about economics or politics today. Those two things create what I like to call "instant hangover." What I was going to write about is returning to music.

Like I've said before, I haven't been known for playing an instrument since I put the viola down for the last time back in the sixth grade. (For those of you keeping track, I graduated back in '93, so it was seven years before that since I last played my viola.)

It's a strange feeling these days to sit down at a keyboard and record with people who've been playing music since the early '60s. I thought I was going to feel intimidated by that. I'm not.

Sure, these guys are immensely more skilled than I. Perhaps they're even more talented. However, since I've been paying attention to the music scene for the past twenty years, I've adopted a motivational saying ... "Don't let a silly little thing like lack of talent get in your way!"

(By the way ... Anyone doubting the veracity of these posts about music because of that little Toronto thing a few months back, remember ... I don't pull pranks like that twice in a row, and I don't pull them at all in July!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)