Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I'm Still Here

I haven't forsaken my writing ... Just yet, anyway. I just haven't gotten around to it. I've been watching a lot of news for the past couple of weeks, and there is quite a bit that I could comment on. But, I figure, "What's the use?" I'm still hearing this nonsense about a Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage, meanwhile we have soldiers dying in a war that was preposterous to begin with ... I'm just far too outraged to even comment on it. All I have to say is that we're living in sad times if a country can be so easily divided over something I wouldn't even call a non-issue.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (many more times), that my parents' marriage didn't need defense from gay folks getting married. My parents' marriage needed to be defended from my parents!

Now, I know the argument that we're just trying to defend a culture. So what? The culture has gotten along just fine up to this point without marriage defense acts. (By the way, I do only have one thing against gay people; the soul-dead music I heard at the club those friends of mine took me to. Then again, lots of music that heterosexuals are into lack a great deal of soul, too. So I don't really hold that against any one group of people.)

My proposal; Let's all get over ourselves, try to realize that generally this country is in pretty good shape, and fix the things that have really wrong. (Health care, homelessness, and war analogies.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)