Friday, January 28, 2005

Rocket Number 9 Take Off for the Planet ... To the Planet ... Venus!

I have only heard one song by the Sun Ra Arkestra, and I just gave you a line from it. Technically it doesn't count as my Sun Ra experience because the version of "Rocket #9" I heard was a cover by NRBQ. Well, on Saturday the Fifth of February, Sun Ra is coming to my town. I've called my dad up, just to tip him off to the concert, and he sounded quite enthusiastic about going. That was not what I expected. Of course, when it comes to anything musical, my dad is quite enthusiastic about it. (One of these days I'm going to have to talk him into retiring from construction and home repair to pursue that music career he wanted when he was nearly 12 years younger than I am now. He has, however, been in his current field for close to 35 years now. It would be hard to walk away from that kind of dedication.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)