Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I Read the News Last Week, Oh Boy

Millions of people in the world right now are too dumb-struck to cry. Even though I live nowhere near the region in ruins, I count myself among them. I don't know what to think. I don't know what to feel. I don't know what to do.

No one alive today would've expected to be around when a superlative is reset; The worst natural disaster on record.

Destruction and death on this scale are hard to wrap one's mind around. It's been running around my head lately to find something I can do to help the people of the Pacific/Indian Ocean region in some small way.

But, what can I do? Pray? Some would say that would help, but I think that only helps me; makes me feel better to simply acknowledge the suffering. Send money? If I sent the entirety of my next few months of paychecks out to help in the recovery, it might not help anyone buy enough materials to rebuild a single house.

Dear readers, if any of you out there are still reading, do any of you have any ideas what we can do? I'm completely at a loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)