Friday, December 31, 2004

A Hundred Cups of Coffee

I found some new digs yesterday. I was on my way home from meeting some friends, and I hadn't had breakfast yet. Unfortunately, it was around four in the afternoon, and I had to be at work by five. So, instead of heading home, I stopped at a shopping mall to head to its food court.

It must have been my lucky day, because I got the one spot closest to an entrance. As I was going up to the nearest door, I saw a little sign that advertised coffee and sandwiches, all of which sounded appetizing. (Hey! It was 4 o'clock, and I hadn't even had breakfast yet!) I decided to pass on the cafe and headed to the main door to the mall. No more than five steps in, I saw a similar sign. This time I took a little more time to read it. Not only was it advertising those wonderful sounding sandwiches ... It was advertising a free half an hour of internet access with a purchase. Intigued, I went in. The part of the cafe I entered was dark, with a lot of computer screens and a surprising number of people engaged in games for a Thursday afternoon. In the better lit section, it looked more like a regular cafe, with a couple of exceptions; namely, two computers with nineteen inch flatscreen monitors. I did no 'surfing' yesterday since I only had about 35 minutes before I had to get to work. But, I did make a mental note to return again (especially after having the grilled turkey on five grain brown bread with a large spiced tea.)

The sandwich was delicious, as was the tea ... Which reminded me of some wassel (spiced apple cider; I don't know if I spelled it right, but I'm sure it's pronounced the same no matter how it's really spelled) that I had several years ago with a friend in college. If you're in Lexington, and you need a cup of coffee and to check your e-mail, check out Dink's Cafe! (Click the link for its location. I know I'm sitting in it right now, but I couldn't type out the directions to get there to save my life!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)