Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Yard Sale? Yeah, Right!

There are advantages and disadvantages to being a tight fisted penny pincher like me. The number one advantage is; I don't spend any more than a dollar twenty-nine for a drinking glass. The disadvantage? It is that the drinking glasses I get are from Taco Bell or Subway, and I can't turn around and sell them at a yard sale.

Or can I?

I mean ... How much would someone be willing to pay for some really cheap plastic (oversized) cup? I bought them for a buck-thirty something (after taxes), but they had drinks in them. Hmm ... Maybe if I washed them all, had my niece make some lemonade, and sold them that way?

I don't know. That might just work. She could sell them for seventy five cents. That's a good deal for forty-four ounces of lemonade and a free cup, I think.

I've found many disadvantages to being frugal. For instance, as I've been going through my stuff to put in the yard sale (which, by the way, has been put off for two weeks consecutively), I've stumbled across many things I own and wondered, "Why the heck did I ever get this? I wouldn't buy this thing now myself!"

It's getting to the point where I'm thinking to myself, "There's no point trying to make money off this junk."

The only thing I have of any value is an eighteen year old microwave that has a sticky door on it. I suppose it might be worth twenty bucks at the most. It is in working order, other than the door you have to push up on while you push the release button. Everything else I could probably just give away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)