Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Don't Get Used to This


I've allowed myself to fall silent. I've been watching, I've been waiting. Waiting for an inspiration to bring this thing back to life. I haven't found it. Now that Ben Stein is coming out with a movie promoting Intelligent Design, expect my silence to deepen. Even though I never completely agreed with the man's politics, I respected Ben's intelligence, and thought that he might agree with me -- when it comes to Intelligent Design and Evolution, there is certainly little intelligence in the debate.

I won't even defend evolution. It's not even a scientist's imperative. Evolution wasn't meant to be defended. It was meant to be examined, dissected, probed, poked, prodded and put back together as a better working theory than the one that preceded it. That's happened so many times that if we were to invoke another fantasy and bring Darwin to our times, he wouldn't recognize the theory people still call his.

Oh, the wonders that are our times....

"Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better."

George W. Bush
September 24, 2001
In press conference with Canadian PM

A man's silence is wonderful to listen to.
- Thomas Hardy

(I've heard Thomas Hardy's name, but I can't place it on a historical figure. I'll look it up later. Until then, I'll be giving you all something wonderful to listen to.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

Life's been seriously out of control busy. But I'm trying to hang in there and I hope you are too. Hope all is well David. Take care of you!

October 31, 2008 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

If you're viewing this page in Firefox, you aren't seeing this scroll right now. (No big loss, really...just wanted to let you know I love Firefox!)